The leading model and hobby company in the world, and one of the most progressive companies in the Champaign/Urbana area is seeking qualified individuals for the following positions. We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent opportunities for career growth.
GRAPHIC ARTIST: Bring your expertise at creating graphic artwork and web designs to a position that lets you explore an enormous variety of advertising projects — catalogs, newsletters, magazine ads, mass market, sales flyers, web site designs, and more! You’ll complete layout and production on a MacIntosh computer using the latest Adobe Creative Suite software. An Associate’s degree in Graphic Design is required, plus 4-5 years experience with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML, and CSS.
MODEL TECHNICIAN: Repair R/C models and engines, test hobby products, and assist with related questions. Ability to work with hand tools and small parts required. R/C modeling, light mechanical, or experience in small engine repair desired. Full-time, days.
WEB DEVELOPER: Join our Advertising Department with your proven skills in web development, building and maintaining web sites for a large number of radio control and general hobby products. Qualified candidates must have a degree (or equivalent experience) in web development and experience creating web sites using HTML, CSS, and Java Script. Experience creating responsively designed web sites desired. Applicants should be deadline-oriented, well-organized, have good communication skills, and be prepared to keep up to date with web advances and changing technologies.
PICKERS AND PACKERS: Work in our warehouse assisting in the order fulfillment process. Pick customer orders or pack them for shipment. Full-time positions available on 1st and 2nd shift. Previous warehouse experience helpful, but not required.
SECURITY: Perform periodic inspection tours of buildings and grounds to ensure compliance with established safety procedures. Previous security, law enforcement, or military experience or related educational background desired. Part-time positions available on 1st and 2nd shifts.
ACCOUNTING MANAGER: Responsible for the supervision of the Accounting Department including daily operations, direction, and coordination of the department.
MARKETING SPECIALIST: Assist in the creation of marketing and promotional initiatives for our innovative house brand radio control hobby products. Responsibilities include coordinating the input for all marketing, promotions and advertising materials for the marketing team. Monitor new product release schedules. Help execute electronic marketing strategies including social media postings. A minimum of 1-2 years marketing or advertising experience and superior organizational and communications skills are a must. A degree in Marketing or related field is a plus. R/C industry experience or product knowledge desired.
SYSTEMS COMPLIANCE MANAGER: Seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented audit professional to assume this key position responsible for planning, executing, and reporting on operational, financial and compliance-related audits of key business units. Help with operational improvements and efficiencies by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to risk management and internal controls. Qualifications include a B.S. in Accounting (CPA/MBA preferred) and a minimum of 5 years financial and operational audit experience. A combination of national public accounting and industrial manufacturing audit experience is highly desirable. Strong communication and interpersonal skills combined with a good working knowledge of business and accounting systems are a must.
TRAINING SPECIALIST: Assess company training needs and develop and conduct effective training programs to maintain and improve employee job skills.
- Manage daily accounts payable and receivable functions.
- Initiate and process journal entries into the general ledgers and create and review monthly financial statements.
- Provide financial analysis and statistical reports for the Controller and company management.
- Review monthly statements with departmental representatives. Prepare correspondence and answer inquiries regarding account information.
- Daily supervision of accounting staff. Prepare employee schedules to ensure all required activities are completed. Oversee employee development and training.
- B.S. in Accounting required; CPA preferred.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles with 3-5 years of progressive, relevant experience.
- Advanced knowledge in the use of financial software applications, databases, and spreadsheets.
- Supervisory experience in an accounting position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT: Seeking a self-starter able to work independently in a clean and safe environment. Perform a variety of basic maintenance and repair tasks including painting, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, preventive maintenance and some janitorial duties. Requires at least 2 years of maintenance or construction experience. Part-time, days.
- Providing safety and regulatory training and other training for new hires.
- Perform computer software training and product training.
- Measure and record training effectiveness.
- Establish relationships and coordinate training with department clients.
- Assisting with administrative duties as needed.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience writing and delivering training curriculums.
- Excellent presentation skills/influential speaker.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to use new technologies to increase training efficiency and materials effectiveness.
- Proven writing skills.
- Experience training adult learners in a corporate environment preferred.
- Bachelors’ Degree in a related field, preferably Communications or Training.
If you are in the Champaign-Urbana area, you may also apply in person at 2904 Research Road, Champaign, IL 61822 from 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday. Those applicants outside the Champaign area may send a resume with salary history to Tower Hobbies, Attn: Human Resources, 2904 Research Road, Champaign, IL 61822 or email us at email@example.com EOE
If you are in the Reno, Nevada area you may also apply in person at 1190 Trademark Drive, Reno, NV 89512. from 8:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.