The leading model and hobby company in the world, and one of the most progressive companies in the Champaign/Urbana area is seeking qualified individuals for the following positions. We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent opportunities for career growth.
GRAPHIC ARTIST: Bring your expertise at creating graphic artwork and web designs to a position that lets you explore an enormous variety of advertising projects — catalogs, newsletters, magazine ads, mass market, sales flyers, web site designs, and more! You’ll complete layout and production on a MacIntosh computer using the latest Adobe Creative Suite software. An Associate’s degree in Graphic Design is required, plus 4-5 years experience with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML, and CSS.
PRODUCT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN: Answer interesting product related questions on inbound customer help phone lines. Good verbal and written communication skills required. Previous customer service experience a plus. Modeling experience is not required, but must have a willingness to learn about all aspects of the R/C hobby. Full-time, days.
WEB DEVELOPER: Join our Advertising Department with your proven skills in web development, building and maintaining web sites for a large number of radio control and general hobby products. Qualified candidates must have a degree (or equivalent experience) in web development and experience creating web sites using HTML, CSS, and Java Script. Experience creating responsively designed web sites desired. Applicants should be deadline-oriented, well-organized, have good communication skills, and be prepared to keep up to date with web advances and changing technologies.
FORKLIFT DRIVER: Assist with stocking and movement of product. Previous forklift experience preferred, but not required. Full-time position available on 3rd shift.
PICKERS AND PACKERS: Work in our warehouse assisting in the order fulfillment process. Pick customer orders or pack them for shipment. Full-time positions available on 1st and 2nd shift. Previous warehouse experience helpful, but not required.
RECEIVING CLERK: Responsible for the warehouse receipt and check-in process for merchandise ordered by the company. May also assist with unloading trucks. Dependable work history required. Previous warehouse experience helpful. Full-time position available on 1st shift.
RECEIVING SUPERVISOR: Seeking a Receiving Supervisor for our warehouse which is a key position on our warehouse team. This hands-on position coordinates daily receiving activities and provides work direction to associates receiving merchandise.
RETURN TO STOCK CLERK: Work in the warehouse re-stocking items and returning product to the proper location. Pick special product orders as directed. Sort and meter mail and assist with other duties as needed. Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs. Previous warehouse or stocking experience desirable. Good organizational skills a plus. Full-time, days.
WAREHOUSE Work in our warehouse assisting in the order fulfillment process. Pack customer orders for shipment. Full-time positions available on 1st and 2nd shift. Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs. Previous warehouse experience helpful.
SECURITY Perform periodic inspection tours of buildings and grounds to ensure compliance with established safety procedures. Previous security, law enforcement, or military experience or related educational background desired. Full-time and part-time positions available, 2nd shift and weekend hours.
Sales and Service
SALES AND SERVICE REPRESENTATIVES:
As Receiving Supervisor, you will…
- Oversee and participate in the timely receipt of all incoming deliveries according to company standards.
- Ensure all receiving functions that affect inventory are processed accurately through an established verification process.
- Manage the product flow from receiving to the warehouse.
- Ensure the accurate processing of all returns-to-vendors (RTVs), chargebacks, transfers, and damages based on established guidelines.
- Maintain a clean, organized work area.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3-5 years supervisory experience in a warehouse/receiving environment
- Organized and goal-oriented with the ability to multi-task and excel in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to lead a team, work well independently, and possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office including Excel.
- Experience operating forklifts, pallet jacks and related equipment.
- The ability to lift and move 70 lbs.
- Some college coursework preferred.
Answer inbound calls from customers and assist them with placing orders in a call center environment. Excellent phone, verbal, and interpersonal skills required. Previous sales or customer service experience and computer experience desirable. Incentive pay offered. Full-time and part-time positions available. Set schedule with evening (until 8PM) and weekend (Saturday 9-4 or Sunday 10-4) hours available.Professional
ASSOCIATE PRODUCT MANAGER – ELECTRONICS TEAM: Assist the Product Manager in the development of house-branded electronic products which support and enhance the use and enjoyment of R/C aircraft. Help develop products that offer value and satisfaction to the customer.
BUYER: Responsible for buying product lines, negotiating with and acting as primary liaison for assigned manufacturers. Manages inventory levels to maximize inventory fill rates, turn rates, cost of goods and return on investment. Sources qualified manufacturers who can meet purchase needs in terms of product quality, quantity and delivery date. Responsible for ongoing inventory item maintenance. Previous retail or wholesale buying experience required along with strong communication, math and Excel skills.
MARKETING SPECIALIST: Assist in the creation of marketing and promotional initiatives for our innovative house brand radio control hobby products. Responsibilities include coordinating the input for all marketing, promotions and advertising materials for the marketing team. Monitor new product release schedules. Help execute electronic marketing strategies including social media postings. A minimum of 1-2 years marketing or advertising experience and superior organizational and communications skills are a must. A degree in Marketing or related field is a plus. R/C industry experience or product knowledge desired.
SYSTEMS COMPLIANCE MANAGER: Seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented audit professional to assume this key position responsible for planning, executing, and reporting on operational, financial and compliance-related audits of key business units. Help with operational improvements and efficiencies by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to risk management and internal controls. Qualifications include a B.S. in Accounting (CPA/MBA preferred) and a minimum of 5 years financial and operational audit experience. A combination of national public accounting and industrial manufacturing audit experience is highly desirable. Strong communication and interpersonal skills combined with a good working knowledge of business and accounting systems are a must.
As Assistant Product Manager on the Electronics Team, you will…
- Help to develop new product ideas that would appeal to U.S. and European Markets.
- Assist with production planning and schedules, design creation, vendor selection, project coordination, and new product introductions.
- Assist with all facets of product development, ensuring necessary processes are accomplished from product conceptualization to market release.
- Assist in the initial product sourcing and purchasing function of electronics and related accessories.
- Help with the presentation of product at all Hobbico-related trade shows.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of five years hands-on technical experience with R/C aircraft and accessories.
- Extensive knowledge of electronic principles and products, such as brushless motors, AC and DC powered devices, 2.4 GHz transmitters, and receiver technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to travel for trade shows and other industry events.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering or Technology
- Previous experience in project management
If you are in the Champaign-Urbana area, you may also apply in person at 2904 Research Road, Champaign, IL 61822 from 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday. Those applicants outside the Champaign area may send a resume with salary history to Tower Hobbies, Attn: Human Resources, 2904 Research Road, Champaign, IL 61822 or email us at email@example.com EOE
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATES: Work in our warehouse assisting in the order fulfillment process. Full-time positions available on 1st shift. Previous warehouse experience helpful.
If you are in the Reno, Nevada area you may also apply in person at 1190 Trademark Drive, Reno, NV 89512. from 8:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.