Great Planes® PT-20™ MkII Kit
A trainer you can trust!
If you’re just starting out, the 52.75” span PT-20 MkII is the perfect pick for your first plane. Stable, self-correcting flight characteristics provide the reassurance you need so you can learn to fly faster, while balsa/ply construction ensures the finished product is easy to assemble, using only the finest quality components.
Specifications:Wingspan: 52.75 in (1340 mm) Wing Area: 515 in² (33.2 dm²) Wing Loading: 16-20 oz/ft² (49-61 g/dm²) Weight: 3.5-4.5 lb (1590-2040 g) Length: 45.5 in (1160 mm) Requirements: 2-stroke .15-.25 or 4-stroke .26-.30 glow engine, 4-channel radio with 3-4 servos (4th servo for ailerons), Two 6’ rolls of MonoKote® film covering, 6 oz. fuel tank, Two 2-1/4” treaded wheels, One 2” treaded wheel, One 2” spinner, Wheel collars, Foam rubber, Fuel tubing, Building and field equipment
- Stable, self-correcting flight characteristics.
- All balsa and plywood construction.
- Interlocking “I-beam” construction builds the wing straight and strong.
- Wing is built with ailerons, but they can be locked for 3-channel use.
- May be built with a bolt-on wing or rubber band-on wing (bolts are included, and rubber bands are sold separately).
- Extensive hardware package.
- Adjustable engine mount.
- Illustrated, step-by-step instruction manual.