1/8 Savage XL 5.9 Nitro 4WD 2.4GHz RTR
Off-road racing’s top dog!
Anyone who thought that the Savage XL was already at the pinnacle of performance, convenience and style, think again. HPI has tweaked this truck even more, with key upgrades designed to maintain the XL’s ranking as the top dog in the basher arena!
- 0.12” (3 mm) thick 6061 aluminum TVP (Twin Vertical Plate) chassis.
- Four-wheel shaft drive.
- 36 cu. in. Nitro Star K5.9 ABC engine comes with a 3-needle slide valve carburetor, an HPI Roto Start™ 2 shaft drive electric starter, a dual-stage air filter, one-piece engine mount and 0.12” (3 mm) mounting plate.
- Polished aluminum two-chamber tuned pipe and manifold.
- TF-20E 2.4GHz radio system with steering/throttle trim, reverse, dual rate adjustment, SF-10 throttle servo and SF-50 MG steering servo.
- Painted/trimmed 0.06” (1.5 mm) thick polycarbonate GT Gigante monster truck body.
- Eight long-stroke Big Bore oil shocks.
- Bellcrank steering with cam-type servo saver steering arms.
- Double wishbone suspension with lightweight suspension arms.
- Three-speed metal-gear transmission with adjustable shift points.
- Heavy-duty dual slipper clutch with shock-absorbing rubber pad.
- Alloy case bevel gear differentials with machined steel rings, plus larger machined steel outdrives and axles.
- XL-thick dogbones.
- Machined steel hub and dual red fiberglass disc brakes.
- Three-shoe aluminum clutch.
- Heavy-duty, vented steel 16-tooth clutch bell.
- 5.4 oz (160 cc) fuel tank with flip-top cap.
- Machined steel 52-5ooth spur gear.
- Full set of rubber-sealed ball bearings.
- 7” (178 mm) diameter, 3.4” (85 mm) wide Terra Pin tires feature a spike pattern optimal for driving on grass and loose dirt. A center chevron pattern adds directional stability.
- 3.4” (87 mm) diameter, 2.2” (56 mm) wide chrome-plated wheels with 0.7” (17 mm) aluminum hex hubs.
- Adjustable toe-in/camber.
- 6-cell 1200mAh NiMH receiver pack and wall charger (for Roto Start 2).
- Fuel bottle.
- Glow plug igniter with “C” battery.
- 6 “AA” alkaline batteries (for the transmitter).
- 2-year limited manufacturer’s warranty (valid only in the U.S., Canada and South America).
Length: 23 in (585 mm), Height: 10.4 in (265 mm), Width: 17.5 in (445 mm), Wheelbase: 15.6 in (395 mm), Requirements: Car blend glow fuel with 20% nitromethane content and Track equipment