Top Flite P-47D Thunderbolt Kit
The “Jug” is back, and better than ever!
Though it may not have been considered “sleek”, the P-47D Thunderbolt was nonetheless a durable, dependable fighter during WWII, with a reputation for returning pilots home alive. Top Flite has brought this nostalgic aircraft back to life with an authentic 1/8 sport scale version of the “Bonnie” P-47D-23 Razorback. As with all Top Flite Warbirds, careful attention to detail is evident throughout, and Gold Edition kit engineering means any intermediate-level modeler will enjoy building and flying this faithful reproduction of a vintage warrior.
Specifications:Wingspan: 63 in (1600 mm) Wing Area: 713 sq in (46 dm2) Weight: 8-10 lb (3630-4540 g) Fuselage Length: 55 in (1400 mm) Wing Loading: 27-32 oz/sq ft (82-98 g/dm2) Requires: 2-stroke .61-.90 cu in engine (10-15 cc) or 4-stroke .91-1.20 cu in engine (15-20 cc), 4-7 channel radio w/4-8 servos. Suggested MonoKote Colors: Aluminum, Olive Drab and Black.
- Computer-designed interlocking parts allow the P-47D to go together quickly and accurately.
- Photo-illustrated instructions and full-size, rolled plans help the assembly process go smoothly.
- Many precision-formed scale parts add to the authenticity of the plane's appearance.
- High-quality hardware comes with the kit, making building and flying the P-47D even more enjoyable.
- The airfoils used on the P-47D Thunderbolt were developed by Dr. Michael Selig of the Low Speed Airfoil Test Program at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. They provide stable, more forgiving R/C warbird flight.
- Optional D-25 Bubble Canopy Conversion Package (LXHV04) includes all parts needed to convert the P-47 into a bubble canopy fighter, plus “skull and crossbones” markings.