Top Flite Elder 40 Kit
Vintage looks—with today's technology.
The Elder 40's legacy began in 1985, when it was first introduced by Top Flite. Modelers immediately took to this nostalgic-looking kit, and Elder 40s filled the skies at flying fields everywhere. Now Top Flite is bringing this classic back, with one major distinction: Gold Edition CAD engineering, for the most straightforward, most accurate assembly possible. The result is a scale replica of an aviation legend that's a joy to build, as well as a pleasure to fly!
Specifications:Wingspan: 65 in (1651 mm) Wing Area: 778 in² (50 dm²) Weight: 5.5-7.0 lb (2495-3175 g) Wing Loading: 16.3-20.7 oz/ft² (50-63 g/dm²) Length: 49.5 in (1257 mm) Requires: 2-stroke .40-.46 cu in or 4-stroke .52 cu in engine, 4-channel radio w/4 standard servos
- An ideal second model — can be flight-ready in just a few weekends.
- CAD-engineered, all-wood parts interlock precisely to produce a strong, straight structure; photo-illustrated instructions guide you through the building process step-by-step.
- Features assembly aids such as pre-shaped leading and trailing edges and built-up wing tips.
- The radio compartment with servo tray offers plenty of room for simple installation of a 4-channel system.
- Handles as easily as any sport plane, with "wind in the wires" excitement.