Top Flite 1/5 Cessna 182 Skylane Gold Edition Kit
A near-perfect scale outline—in IMAA-legal size
Giant-scale hopefuls and experienced scale modelers alike will find the classic plane they want in the Cessna 182 Skylane. The massive, 81" span wing makes it IMAA-legal. Precision-formed ABS parts and decals (for details as tiny as door hinges) make it easy to detail-out for judging. An impressive project that the average builder can complete—and a smooth, mellow flier that virtually any pilot can enjoy!
Specifications:Wingspan: 81 in (2055mm) Wing Area: 906 sq in (58.4 dm2) Weight: 10-12 lb (4540-5440g) Fuselage Length: 64.5 in (1635 mm) Wing Loading: 23-28 oz/sq ft (70-85 g/dm2) Requires: 2-stroke .61-.91 cu in engine (10-15 cc) or 4-stroke .91-1.20 cu in engine (15-20 cc), 4-5 channel radio w/5-7 servos. Suggested MonoKote Colors: White, Dark Red and Black
- Gold Edition extras—interlocking construction, pushrod routing through formers, 2-servo flap and aileron operation, shaped wooden struts and more—simplify assembly without sacrificing strength.
- Concealed linkages, "plug-in" side windows and ABS cowl, tail cone, wheel pants and strut fairings ease the creation of true-scale looks.
- 3D CAD-engineered wing assembles straight and strong almost automatically.
- Two-piece, predrilled aluminum main landing gear bolts from inside the fuselage to maintain perfect scale lines.
- Engine can be completely concealed within the cowl using optional header and in-cowl muffler.
- Molded-in "bowls" with clear lenses make adding (optional) landing lights easy.