P-47D Thunderbolt Giant Scale Kit
The “Jug” is back, and better than ever!
To pilots of small, streamlined fighters, the P-47D Thunderbolt looked much too massive for combat success. But “The Jug” proved them wrong — and also ranks as one of the safest single-seat fighters of WWII. This wood kit is modeled after the 399th Fighter Squadron’s P47D-30-RA. Uniquely builder-friendly engineering and stable, forgiving flight characteristics make it a fine first (or next) giant scale project!
- Precisely interlocking, CAD-engineered wood parts and vacuum-formed ABS plastic details simplify giant-scale assembly.
- Elliptical wing planform with special S8036 and S8037 airfoils produce excellent flight performance using glow or gasoline engines.
- Fully balsa-sheeted exterior provides an ideal surface for scale finishing — wide stance landing gear allows easy ground handling.
- Kit also contains instructions and most parts for optional P-47D Razorback construction (except greenhouse canopy, available separately, LXSV09).
- Many Top Flite scale options available for increased authenticity, as well as custom-designed Robart retracts.
Wingspan: 85 in (2160mm) Wing Area: 1327 sq in (85.6 dm2) Weight: 20-22 lb (9-10kg) Fuselage Length: 75.5 in (1915mm) Wing Loading: 34.7-38.2 oz/sq ft (106-117 g/dm2) Requires: 2.1-2.8 cu in (34.5-45cc) glow or 2.5-4.2 cu in (41-70cc) gasoline engine; 6-channel radio with 10 servos (7 high-torque and 3 standard); main & tailwheel retracts