Top Flite Giant P-47D Thunderbolt Gas RTC
Giant "Jug" - with big advantages for builders!
To pilots of small, streamlined fighters, the P-47D Thunderbolt looked much too massive for combat success. But "The Jug" proved them wrong - and also ranks as one of the safest single-seat fighters of WWII. This wood kit is modeled after the 366th Fighter Squadron's P47D-30-RA. Uniquely builder-friendly engineering and stable, forgiving flight characteristics make it a fine first (or next) giant scale project! This RTC (Ready To Cover) kit is just like the regular kit, but with the option to develop your own trim scheme.
Specifications:Wingspan: 85 in (2160 mm) Wing Area: 1329 in² (85.7 dm²) Weight: 20-22 lb (9-10 kg) Wing Loading: 34-37 oz/ft² (104-113 g/dm²) Fuselage Length: 75 in (1905 mm) Requires: 2.1-2.8 cu in glow or 2.6-4.0 cu in gasoline engine; 5-7 channel radio with 10 servos (7 high-torque and 3 standard); main and tailwheel retracts
- Precisely interlocking, CAD-engineered wood parts and vacuum-formed ABS plastic details simplify giant-scale assembly.
- Elliptical wing with special S8036 and S8037 airfoils provide excellent flight performance using glow or gas engines.
- Fully balsa-sheeted exterior provides an ideal surface for scale finishing - wide stance landing gear allows easy ground handling.
- Dual servo flap and aileron control
- Molded plastic cockpit with instrument panel, seat, floor, and more.
- Molded plastic replica radial engine
- Stabilizer and wing halves align on tubes.
- Kit also contains instructions and most parts for optional P-47D Razorback construction.
- Many Top Flite scale options available for increased authenticity, as well as custom-designed Robart retracts.
- • Full IMAA legal hardware.