Traxxas® Bandit™ XL-5 RTR
Traxxas® Bandit™ XL-5 RTR
Pick a podium, snag the trophies and keep on cruising. The Bandit XL-5 RTR is designed to do just that. A precision-engineered 12-turn motor and effortless TQ 2.4GHz control mounted in a Ready-to-Race® package make it so easy to snag a win, it’s like stealing. Pick up your Bandit today; heft your trophies later.
Length: 16.3 in (413 mm),
Width: 10.3 in (260 mm),
Height: 7 in (178 mm),
Front/Rear Track: 9.8 in (250 mm),
Wheelbase: 11.1 in (283 mm),
Ground Clearance: 1 in (25 mm),
Requirements: 4 “AA” batteries,
- 0.15” (4 mm) thick fiber composite bathtub chassis.
- Rear-wheel drive with telescoping drive shafts.
- Traxxas 12-turn Titan® modified 550 size motor with integrated cooling fan for long-lasting performance.
- Waterproof XL-5 ESC with reverse, Training Mode™, 2S low-voltage detection and second-generation High-Current Connector.
- TQ 2.4GHz radio system with a waterproof laydown steering servo and a waterproof 3-channel receiver.
- Painted and trimmed ProGraphix® body with factory-applied decals.
- Power Cell iD 7-cell 3000mAh hump NiMH battery with second-generation High-Current Connector.
- Non-adjustable camber
- 4A DC peak detection fast charger
- Oil-filled Ultra™ shocks.
- Bellcrank steering arm with laydown servo placement and servo saver.
- Brushless-ready Magnum 272™ transmission with slipper clutch.
- 76-tooth spur gear.
- 26-tooth and 31-tooth pinion gears.
- Hardened steel planetary gear differentials.
- Black plastic front bumper.
- 2.2” (56 mm) Alias racing tires.
- 2.2” (56 mm) five-spoke racing wheels.
Titan® 12T 550 Motor
The Titan® 12T 550 modified motor is designed for brutal mod-motor power with virtually maintenance-free operation and long-lasting performance.
4A DC Peak Detecting Fast Charger
The included 12V DC-powered, 4A fast charger maximizes run time on Traxxas iD Power Cell NiMH batteries. Peak-detection circuitry ensures full charges every time. A vivid LED shows charge status—flashing green to indicate charge in progress, and steady green at full charge.
Traxxas Power Cell NiMH Battery with iD
Traxxas iD Power Cell Battery Packs deliver maximum punch with premium quality, low-resistance cells; flexible, silicone-jacketed, 12-gauge wire; heavy-duty welded tabs; and Traxxas High-Current Connectors. Optimized for use with Traxxas iD chargers.
Traxxas High-Current Connectors
Patented Traxxas High-Current Connectors route maximum power to your electronics. They enable quick, safe battery charging for maximum vehicle run time.
Tower Hobbies Has Been Serving Hobbyists Since 1971 • Call 800-637-6050 or 217-398-3636
We accept the following:
Unauthorized use of any materials presented here is prohibited. Copying or reproducing any elements from this page is not permitted. All prices, descriptions and availability subject to change.
Copyright © 1994 -
Tower Hobbies All rights reserved. Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.