THE SECRET WEAPON FOR DOMINATING NITRO TOURING COMPETITION
O.S. engineers have taken superior Speed Spec performance to the next level! In addition to smoother acceleration from idle to full throttle, the 12XZ Speed Spec III also has increased low-to mid-range torque. Drivers will still enjoy the same impressive top end speeds that 12XZ Speed Spec engines are known for - with the bonus of improved fuel mileage. In fact, acclaimed on-road champion racer Takaaki Shimo utilized all of the 12XZ Speed Spec III's advantages to claim victory in the 2012 Japan Nats!
- The crankshaft features DLC coating, pressed-in Tungsten weights and ceramic rear ball bearing.
- The cylinder liner's outer diameter is slightly thicker (0.5mm), with redesigned ports for better air/fuel flow that boosts mid-speed torque and extends fuel mileage. The piston features a tapered surface with a depression that works with the button to maximize combustion and power.
- The outer head is 1mm shorter and sits 6mm lower over the crankcase. This decreases the engine's overall weight while also lowering the CG and aiding in cooling.
- The redesigned 12F2(B) carburetor delivers sharp acceleration and instant throttle response. It also allows for easier, more reliable tuning.
- Available separately, the T-1070SC L52 Tuned Pipe Set is designed to bring out the beast in the 12XZ Speed Spec III engine. It matches the output characteristics of the engine and is IFMAR and FEMCA approved.
- Redesigned head button for better performance and improved acceleration
- New cylinder liner and piston improve mid speed torque and fuel mileage
- The slide valve's shape allows for a smoother flow of fuel and air
Displacement: 0.128 cu in (2.1 cc)
Bore: 0.543 in (13.8 mm)
Stroke: 0.55 in (14.0 mm)
Practical RPM range: 5,000-44,000
Output: 1.73 hp @ 35,000 rpm
Weight: 7.9 oz (225 g)
Includes: 12F2(B) carburetor, RP6 glow plug, exhaust seal ring, dust cap set, 5.5 mm red carb reducer
OSMG1992 12XZ Speed Spec III Engine $699.99
OSMG2973 T-1070SC L52 Tuned Pipe Set 199.99
Visit the O.S. Engines website at www.osengines.com
R/C News Index